Monday, August 9, 2010

The "I ♥ Your Blog Award"...WOW!!

    Please forgive me today, for indulging in a little bit of "Me"-ism, but I just won the "I ♥ Your Blog" award!!! I am so honored and humbled that my backyard has caught somebody's attention...in a GOOD way! :-)
     There are some rules for the recipient of this award apparently, so I will gladly and happily fulfill those rules now. 1.) Post the award on my blog. (As you can see above, I have done that!)
        2.)Link back to the person who gave it to me...That would be Krishenka of Krishenka's Vintage Treasures!
       3.) To make sure to follow her blog, if you aren't already. (I already follow her great blog!)
       4.) And lastly, pick 15 other delightful bloggers and pass the award on to them!
    Now, you would think that this would be tough, picking 15 bloggers to share this award with, right?! Well, not for me!!! I have some great blogs that I follow regularly. They are all interesting, fun, and down to earth people.
     Now, When you decide to share the love with your favorite blogs don't forget to follow these rules and add the "I ♥ Your Blog Award!" button to your post.
    Truthfully, I could have named another 15 as well!! But...I'll stick to the rules like a good girl! :-)) Congratulations to all of the "I ♥ Your Blog" award winners! And YES! I really DO love your blogs!! They are like old and new friends that I look forward to seeing every day...or whenever they're there for me to visit! LOL

Who is a Friend?

Dependable and loving,
all your jokes make perfect sense;
To keep you happy and unharmed,
they'd gladly spare no small expense.

They know your moods,
Can take the heat.
They know the things
you like to eat.

Will tell you things
that lift your fear,
and even the things
you don't want to hear.

They'll quickly point out
your panicky smile;
and pull up your slip
that's been hanging a mile.

They'll be your cheerleader-
Pom Poms in the air!
And when others are gone,
they will always be there.

Laughter and glee,
sobs and deep pain,
are shared by this friend,
in the sun or the rain.

Your accomplishments cause
only joy to their heart;
When they see your success,
it's as if they're a part.

And even though they know
the very worst that you do,
they map your intentions-
and they still love you.

So who is this friend?
It's your mother, your wife,
your neighbor, your kid,
someone who's sharing your life.

They may be close, and related,
or live very far;
but this friend is your friend
and they know who you are.

Your secrets are safe,
your feelings secure,
their shoulder is ready,
and their motives are pure.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you (pause for breathing) thank you thank you thank you thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! :-) It was a lovely thing to wake up to on a Monday morning. Enjoy your day!
    ~stephanie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariann, Ha! Ha! You're welcome, etc...... :-)

    Kismet1990, It was my pleasure! You deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there my dear friend!! You're the best! Thanks for including my boring blog!! Nice that someone likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CinLynn, You're the only one that thinks it's boring! Over 125 people disagree with you...including me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again! I am so glad you like my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, I don't like, I LOVE your blog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/10/2010

    Congratulations.... :-) I love your blog too!!!!!!!!! Keep on crocheting and writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Nat! I will keep on...I can't help myself!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling Debbie, a belated thank you for including me in your fabulous "I Love Your Blog" award list. Wow! I am so very flattered to be included with such a fine group of bloggers. You are a bright shining star! Thank you for your beautiful words and fresh, positive outlook on life. You are a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, Thank you so much!!! And keep up the good work because I TRULY love your blog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to Everybody, for the support! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^