Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Inspiration...All Over The Place!

    Isn't it cute?! This is one of the tags that I won as a free gift along with my subscription to Country Living magazine! "Inspire" is accompanied by a little butterfly and some flowers. Inspiration should be accompanied by butterflies and flowers I think! :-)
   I've been trying to get some inspiration to do something...after that UN-inspiring hat I showed you yesterday!...Don't get me wrong, I'm still crocheting just the same, but I'm finding it hard to get direction for exactly what I should be doing next...besides napping I mean! ^_^
                                        {theboldbanana shop on Etsy}
   I should be making more Hide Away Slipper Necklaces, Another Black and White Scarf, some crocheted Owl button necklaces {like the one on the gloves in my shop}, and some more floppy hats. But I'm not in the mood to do any of that! Instead I spent all day yesterday fooling around with the pattern for some crochet slippers that I want to put in the shop...something NEW! UGH! I have such a hard time going back to do more of what I just got through doing!....I need inspiration to move forward!
    I DID list a little Owl brooch yesterday...
      ...but it's one I had finished a while back and just hadn't listed it. I need inspiration to do more of that too...the listing I mean. I've got SO MANY scarves, brooches, necklaces, etc. that are just sitting here in the house, nicely packaged, but not listed online so anybody could see and buy them!! :-)) Crazy!!...But Hey! The toe part of my little gray slippers are done!!
    ....and it only took me all day!! ^_^  {It's one of those patterns with a diagram instead of words. UGH! You know I'm much better with WORDS!!}............Moving on.
    I complain about inspiration as though I'm some hard-working great artist or concert pianist. ^_^ I'm not. I'm just an old lady with a pen, a crochet hook, and too much time on her hands...to think!! ^_^
   My hubby is the hard-working one in our family! And he doesn't even have a bunch of hungry mouths to feed! Just me!
                                            {From the We Blog Artists blog}
    He says I inspire him to work hard. Hmmmm....did he mean that as a complement?! That's how Im going to take it!! ^_^ And I'm going to work hard today too, to get some inspiration to do.....SOMETHING! It won't be inspiration to cook.....
    ....where would I put it?! YIKES!!
        The cooking thing is starting to get out of hand in here!! {Do your refrigerators look like this?! :-0}
    Back to the choice of what to crochet....after I finish my slippers I mean {which at this rate could be next....
    ...or when I have a....
    ....Ha! Ha! Ha! I had to show you the other two free tags I got SOME how!! ^_^ Thanks Velma (SnowflakeDreams1)}
   I know this post is all over the place today. I can't help it. That's how I'm feeling. Maybe I'll be better after I get a cup of coffee...yes! I said a cup of coffee, not tea today!...and some breakfast. We'll see...Who knows, maybe by tomorrow I can show you these FRUSTRATING to make slippers all done! And then maybe too, I'll have it all figured out as to what will be next!.......I wouldn't count on that last part. ^_^

Decisions, Decisions

What should I do?
Don't know if I should go.
What should I wear?
I don't know, I don't know!

What should I say?
Don't need another foe.
Should I tell the truth?
I don't know, I don't know!

Who should I be?
My peppy self or keep it low?
But can they handle it?
I don't know, I don't know!

Decisions, decisions.
Coming at you every day.
You will be just fine!
Come what may, come what may!
{P.S. Guess what?....It just started snowing!}

14 comments:

  1. Nope, my fridge does not look like that hahaha ;) but I've just filled it up again so theres no more room in there too.
    I like your new brooch! Took the green scarf for a walk today and attached the green brooch to it too :) Looked nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariann, Ha! Ha! Is my fridge the only one then?!...Thanks about the new brooch. And you're being such a good 'Crochet "baby" Mama'!! Taking it for a nice walk and everything! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tags are cute. And speaking of owls, I was looking at some owl charms yesterday around Etsy because I havea branch pendant with a place to hang a charm and it's really screaming for an owl. :-) Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spanishlullabies, Really?!! Give me the link!! I'm looking for Owl buttons now!! I had only a couple of vintage ones left...Oh! And Hi!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. To answer your question, this is my daughter's YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skysmile108?feature=chclk
    I will post one more channel on a separate comment :)
    Thanks for the interest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is papa bear's channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/garymarksmusic

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my younger daughter's channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Annabelsong108

    Our son is also on there under "Shawn Marks."
    He is soon to have his own channel...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wug.....my refrigerator quite often looks EXACTLY like that, but I'm proud to say, it's very empty right now. Trying so hard to keep up and eat up the leftovers before I put anything else in there.
    Those tags are so cute! I love the nap shirt too and I hope you were able to get at least one in today. Hope the slippers turn out. They look great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa, WOW!! How nice! I don't know where, but I had heard Papa Bear's song and seen the video before.Kinda catchy!...Skylar's voice is so sweet and little Annabele's too!! {Loved her rendition of somewhere over the rainbow! :-)}...And YOU GO! Shawn!!! :-)) WOW! That's a pretty talented family you have there! Thanks so much for the links. I truly enjoyed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CinLynn, Heyyyy! You're a refrigerator buddy too, huh?! ^_^ I'm sure there's no more roast beef leftover in there by now though! Oh well, I guess I need to move closer to you!...Wait a minute! What am I saying? You're getting all of that snow already!!....Enjoy your roast beef!! ^_^ {And the slippers got COMPLETELY scrapped! I got so frustrated that I ripped up the pattern...never to look at it again!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha ha!! That sounds like something I would do as I spit and sputter about how stupid it is! Oh well, maybe you'll find another one to try that has better instructions.
    Hubby took the last of the roast beef to work today, so it's GONE, GONE, GONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fridge definitely doesn't look like yours. In fact by comparison my fridge looks almost empty.
    I love the owl button you used on that brooch, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CinLynn, Yep! I'm already onto a new pattern. But I just couldn't start another slipper today!!! So......inspiration was sparked to do some more slipper necklaces!! I started 4 already!! Just have to put backs on and buttons!! LOL I knew I'd get inspiration from somewhere. Who knew it would be from DISASTER?!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jo-anne, *Teehee*...Too bad I don't have your boys here to help me eat my way through my leftovers!!...And thanks about the owl button. I wish I had lots of them, but I only had about 3 or 4 as I remember. They're vintage too. I probably won't be able to find anymore like them anywhere! I'm looking though! :-]

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^