Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Guess Somebody Thought I Needed Some Classing Up!


            I thought I'd bow to the treasury makers today, and just show off their class. :-) Clearly I need some class too! So, thank you to them for putting me in the classiest galleries I've been in for a while! :-)
         In a treasury about silver and gold,...there my gold-colored fingerless gloves sit! :-)


       They're sitting there so proudly, next to this Organic 14k Yellow Gold Feather Ring from NangijalaJewelry...




       ...and this Vintage Glass Dish with Gold detail by labiblioteca...


        Okay! I 'do' feel a bit more 'classed up' now! :-] 

         Now on to some local art!.....Or, rather, the treasury entitled "Art Local" by Inbar Shahak...


          My Blue Faux Diamond Button Crochet Necklace got a showing in this one!...


          ...alongside this Designer Blue Knitted Cushion Cover by andyveeirnhome...


       ...this stylish Spring Green Leather Wallet by TahelSadot...



       ...and this hand-painted Wooden Sign by RachelRepurposed...


      Gold, silver, and art.....Pretty classy alright!! ^_^

     I decided to add a bit of class of my very 'handmade' own too!...

          If you remember, I sold the red lapel button boutonniere from my shop the other day. So, I made this one to replace it...

       It's tiny. Only about an inch and a half wide.

       And you know me, I couldn't just leave well enough alone. I also made a couple more...just because! ^_^ ...




        This one (below) is my hubby's favorite...


         He's always did have a thing for brown. :-) ...He had a three-piece brown suit that he bought shortly after we got married....that I had to hide and ditch a few years ago!.....Shhhhhhh!....*looking left and right* ^_^ He was in love with that thing!...It was polyester...I think, and the flap above the tukus in the back was slightly folded under...No amount of ironing would make that thing fall correctly!! LOL...Every time he took a step it was as if someone was popping him in the tuckus! ^_^


      As soon as he saw me choosing colors for boutonnieres he said, "That One!" :-] Didn't surprise me a bit!...It was brown.

        So that's what I've been doing with my time.....How about you?!! ^_^

Culture

Sometimes it's hot dogs, lots of mustard,
just so good you can't believe!
With no set table, wine or napkins,
You just wipe it with your sleeve.

But sometimes it's lots of culture,
Orchestras, Museums, Art!
With a little wine and cheese,
not bageled cheez whiz a la carte!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/07/2012

    Just lovely. Really liking the gold fingerless gloves - super feminine pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback on them! I'm starting a red pair later today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first treasury! So pretty!! The second one is too, but I guess I love gold more! That being said...I have to agree with hubby on this one! His favorite is also my favorite! The others are great too, but I'm just partial to that color.
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cindy!..I love it too. Of course, I could be biased! ^_^ And hubby will be glad to have you on board his brown boat!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the treasuries and your flowers, and that poem made me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I'm glad you liked them. And I'm even happier that my poem brought you a smile. :-)

      Delete
  6. I like the gold treasury but I think I prefer the blue one more. Blue is one of my favourite colours :) That knitted cushion cover looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That surprised me! I thought you were more of a gold girl, like me. But I must admit...I really like that cushion too! And a few of the other things too!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^