Friday, May 25, 2012

"What Are You Doing In There?!" O_O


       The post title question today is a question going two ways...from this human to the honey bee inside the amber necklace....and...Well, I'll tell you the other one in a minute. First, from this human to the honey bee: "What are you doing in there?"..."Did you get too full and couldn't move fast enough to avoid the BIG GOOEY DROP that came toward you?" LOL
        I sympathize! I've had that happen to me on a couple of football Superbowl days in my past when the snacks kept beckoning until they got the best of me! LOL It's just a good thing they weren't selling big jewelry necklaces to giants or something....or else I could be a sedentary dark chocolate and honey drop, dangling around somebody's gigantic neck, right now!! ^_^
       But the question is more fitting from a newly visiting creature to our backyard!...


        I was sitting here, right where I am now, doing my blog yesterday, when out of the corner of my eye I see...


       ...a little critter, sitting as still as you please...staring directly at me!!!...


        I hollered for hubby to get the camera, but I just knew that by the time he got to it, and put all of the settings in the right place, and creeped toward the window...he'd be gone!...


      But I was wrong! ^_^ He sat right there, blinking and staring directly at us! Even hubby's clicking away with the camera right in his face didn't deter him at all! He seemed to be saying: "What are you doing in there?".....So I told him! LOL Yes, I talk to the animals in the backyard...every chance I get. ^_^
      He was very attentive while I explained about how I write this blog every day....and about how he was a sight for sore tired eyes because I haven't been sleeping very good....and how good hubby's cooking is getting these days...and how I think rain is coming because I have this pain.....and then he was gone! LOL


       WOW! Even tiny visiting chipmunks don't wanna hear me complaining!! LOL Oh well, that's not the first time my rambling on and on has lost my audience!..HELLO!!!...Are you still there! O_O


      But guess what?!...Sometimes, just like with the chipmunk, they come back!!! ^_^ I guess he just needed a nap and a little breather....Hubby has been known to disappear on me on occasion like that too. I'm good with it.....as long as my hearing audience eventually come back! LOL.....HELLO!!!.....HELLO!!!!...Are you out there Blog readers?!! O_O
     Anyway, I spent a little bit more time with my attentive chipmunk friend. I even got to share some of the information I was studying, about how Jesus got missing from his parents one time when he was twelve years old......Then Mr. chipmunk apparently realized he was alone, and had to go and find the rest of his family or something. He left...in a hurry! ^_^ Maybe he'll come back and visit again sometime....that is, if his ears haven't fallen off or something! LOL


      Whenever!...I'll be waiting right here! :-)

      In other news, I got a package in the mail yesterday!...


      I'll tell you about that tomorrow. I have to plan a date right now! :-) Have a good weekend everybody!! :-)

Animals Everywhere

There are animals everywhere,
out-numbering husbands, kids and wives.
Do you see them when you travel?
Do you have some in your lives?

The chickens in the yard
step and jut their necks in stride;
Cackling birdie conversation
as you throw seed side to side.

Horses gallop down the hill,
through the field outside the gate;
Along the beach edge of the water
their strong legs will dominate.

All their waking hours
kittens tumble, jump and leap;
Then they curl up anywhere,
purr and breathe a peaceful sleep.

Baby chicks will follow
right behind their Mama's wings.
But they sometimes get distracted,
and their Mama's "Cluck!" then rings.

Doggies know their station.
They're secure in who they are.
They unguardedly will love you.
Just as quick, they'll chase a car.

There's many things that we can learn
by just watching what they do.
But let's not imitate their aggression,
and their need to balk and chew.

Let's recognize where we're alike.
Both of our constant needs for love,
And there is food, shelter, attention,
and much more we could speak of.

Yes, there are animals everywhere,
out-numbering husbands, kids and wives.
Giving lessons by example,
and so much meaning to our lives.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Wug!! Your little critter is a cutey petuty!! They can be so destructive, but they're so cute too!
    Sorry I haven't been here as much lately. Just really busy right now.
    Yes, rain IS coming, I'm sorry to say. We do need it, but your joints don't. :/
    Enjoy your day and your date night! We're having a date night tomorrow! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bead!!...Yes, he was a cutey petuty! ^_^ So far he hasn't caused any trouble...except maybe hanging around a little too long and encouraging me to talk! Ha! Ha!...As to the rain...Yep! It already started. It's kinda spitting. And I spit right back at it!! ^_^ Okay...enjoy your date night too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting my necklace on your blog!!! I'm humbly honored!! The chipmunk is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Susan! :-) And the chipmunk thanks you for your visit. :-)))

      Delete
  3. OHHH I love amber -- I have a nice collection of amber jewelry from our travels. This is a lovely piece!

    Your little visitor is so cute -- maybe he will be back to join you again when you are writing on your blog! Cute pictures~~

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love amber too, Vicki! And I couldn't believe the price on this! It really is a nice piece...And the chipmunk was seen scurrying across the backyard this afternoon, so I think he may be a permanent resident to the backyard now. :-) So, I'm sure we'll have more chats in the future. LOL

      Delete
  4. That little chipmunk sure did look cute! I love your poem btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ He was cute, Jo...and a very good listener. LOL Thanks about the poem too, by the way.

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^