Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yes, I Know That Tennis Isn't The Only Thing Going On In The World!


          We had such a beautiful day here in Holyoke yesterday! The weather was just gorgeous...most of the day anyway. The hummingbirds, who are LOVING the new feeder, were flitting and flying back and forth to it all day! In fact, this morning when we looked out at the feeder, through the pouring raindrops....Yep! It's POURING this morning!...


         ......we saw that the feeder, hanging out there near the surviving tree, is almost empty!
      And guess what else?!...The robin mommy is attentively manning her nest and turquoise blue egg babies in the same tree too!...To think, last year I was almost teary thinking about how I was never gonna see anymore bird action right outside my window! :-] I'm glad I was wrong!
      Speaking of 'action', it's tennis time again! :-) 

********** For the first time in his career, Roger Federer dropped a set to Nicolas Mahut during their match yesterday, but, in typical Roger Federer style, he shifted things up a gear to win...6-3, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5.........While Jo-Wilfried Tsonga dismissed Fabio Fognini, 7-5, 6-4, 6-4.
       Svetlana Kuznetsova showed that she's still very much a force to be reckoned with in her 6-1, 6-2 demolition of # 3 seed Agnieszka Radwanska..........Maria Sharapova took only one hour to dispose of Ayumi Morita, 6-1, 6-1. With Serena Williams gone from singles play, Maria is on a course to win the only major she is yet to win, Roland Garros.
      The story to watch for me yesterday was Sloane Stephens!


        For the first time in her young career, she made the fourth round at a Grand Slam! CONGRATULATIONS Sloane!! :-) 
       Today's matches include Maria Sharapova vs Shuai Peng....Rafael Nadal vs Eduardo Schwank.....Na Li vs. Christina McHale, (which is going on right now)...Francesca Schiavone vs. Varvara Lepchenko and Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo....You know where I'll be!!...What? You didn't think I was gonna say that again?! ^_^ **********

        Tennis wasn't the only wonderful sports news yesterday!...but I'm gonna take a little break here...for the 'tired-of-me' non sports fans out there. ^_^ I'm gonna share a couple of other colorful Etsy finds first!....




       About those shoes....Ooooo Child!!! ^_^ My inside teenager is jumping up and down!!....Of course, my outside arthritic, almost hammer-toed self, is cringing!!! LOL
      Okay, while I dream of sore feet soaking in an ice bath, let me tell you the other sports news that burned up the wires last night!...
      First, the Boston Celtics, my Massachusetts com padres, won their first basketball game of the series with the Miami Heat last night, bringing the best of seven series to 2/1. Okay Boston, only three more wins to go!! :-)
    And lastly, New York Mets pitcher, Johan Santana, after surgery in 2010 and doubts that he would ever pitch again, pitched a 130 plus pitch "No-hitter" baseball game last night against the Saint Louis Cardinals!!! This was the very first No-hitter in New York Mets history! It took 50 years and over 8,000 games for the Mets to finally achieve their first no-no! :-) All I can say to you, Johan Santana, is 'BIG PROPS' baby!! :-]

 (Youtube)

    Okay...that's all folks!...except for a personal 'BIG PROPS' to my 'chef Jeff' hubby! He, for the first time last night, marinated some pork chops!! Woohoo!! He got up before the sun did this morning, excited to cook them and see how they turned out. I just had one for breakfast...along with a slice of cherry cheesecake that he also made last night!!! ^_^ Good job, honey bear!!!! Now we're all fueled up for the day ahead!...Now where are the umbrella and galoshes?! O_O
     Have a good day, Everybody! :-)

Spring Is The Rain

Spring is the rain,
when the flowers grow again,
and new life is let remain.
After months of drench and drain,
you now see roses down the lane.

Spring is the rain,
and the budding of the grain,
and birds, out your window pane.
When the weather makes you sane,
and its no longer on your brain,
'cause there's no cold to give you pain.

Spring is the rain-
the time for traveling on the train,
for watching trees, not weather vanes,
and raking leaves-Autumn's disdain.
You lift your head, just like a crane,
and now your thought's no longer vain.
You think of seasons that were plain,
but now its blooming, down on Main,
because spring is the rain.

10 comments:

  1. Deb,

    Those shoes are something else....
    Happy weekend to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are, Priscila! ^_^ YOU have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are CrAzY! I love the bicycle watercolor. Beautiful. I don't follow tennis closely, but I know enough about it to say, "Wow!" to Federer. Huh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Malea, those shoes "ARE" crazy!! Crazy fun...crazy colorful...and crazy creative! ^_^ ..And WOW to Federer is appropriate too!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you got our rain. But it had to go somewhere! LOL Dry so far today, but not real sunny. Those shoes would definitely help cheer a person up! So cool!
    Have a wonderful day Wug! And keep up the good cooking "chef Jeff!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Bead, it had to go somewhere. But who knew that Holyoke Massachusetts was technically "SOMEWHERE"?!! LOL...By the way, hubby giggled when I read him your comment. ^_^ He made meatloaf, corn bread, mashed potatoes and lima beans today! :-) I think he's been bitten by the cooking bug! LOL

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for making mention of my shoes here! Imagine playing tennis in those? Eek! I think I won't try it!

    Thanks again, have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Frenchie, Nah! No tennis playing in those shoes! That wouldn't be worth the "Love" at all!! ^_^ ...By the way, it's my pleasure to share them. And YOU have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  5. That tennis charm bracelet looks really nice. I like the cute little tennis racquet.
    Those wellies would come in handy here. We are expecting a lot of rain over the next few days. So much so that we are on a flood watch. I'm crossing my fingers that it wont be quite as bad as they are predicting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! A flood watch! O_O No, you don't need a tennis racket. You need oars...and a boat! LOL We're due to get rain over the next couple of days too, but nothing like you're expecting. Stay safe and keep your eyes open!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^