Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pancake Sunday......And A SECRET!! :-)


        I'm usually pretty good at keeping a secret...unless you give me a clue that it's not the kind of secret that you really want to 'keep' a secret! ^_^ That's the feeling I got about 'this' particular secret...I'll tell you about it in a second...And don't get all comfy and ready to read nothing big!! That's your warning! ^_^
       I know what 'wasn't' a secret this morning!...everybody wanted to show off their 'pretty' on Etsy today!! :-) Their 'Sunday-Go-To-Meeting' clothes and stuff! Ha! Ha! {That's what my grandmother would've said about how people were all dressed up today. ^_^}
       I saw hats and pretty colors, dresses and scarves everywhere!!...


      And they sure were pretty too!! :-] ... I LOVE this scarf! (above) :-)

      Of course, it needed some other accessories to make a 'Sunday-Go-To-Meeting' ensemble really stand out! ^_^ Something like these bracelets below...



      Oh No! If you wear that much color out of the house...NOTHING about you is gonna be a secret!! Ha! Ha!

      Okay!...Here's the secret!...


      It's an Etsy treasury that she named "secret". ^_^ ... Well, I told you not to look for anything big!! ^_^ I have to admit though, I'm not sure why she named it 'secret'. O_O She may be the only one who knows the secret of why!
        All I know is that I'm not keeping a secret like this one! Oh no! Not with my little crochet ring in there!! LOL...


      My little crochet rings sit in my shop and ponder the universe...all day, every day!!!! LOL Nobody has been buying them!!...Well, one 'somebody' did. The 'only' somebody that did!! ^_^ THANK YOU, Somebody!! ^_^
      
      Moving on!!...Are you a good secret keeper?!...I am! Or rather, I should say, I have 'become' one over the years!...I had to learn the hard way that when someone tells you that something is a secret...that doesn't mean: 'It's a secret...EXCEPT for your bestie!' (best friend) O_O ... Oops!!
       Yeah, I made that mistake a couple of times over the years, telling the person that was the closest to me a secret that I wasn't suppose to tell...thinking that surely 'SHE' can keep a secret!!' Ha! Ha!...and then finding out that 'my' bestie also had a bestie...and her bestie had a bestie...and so forth and so on...until "I" got in trouble for being a big old non-secret-keeping blabber-mouth!!! ^_^
     Now you can tell me anything!...Well, as long as it's not something unscriptural that you're doing, or illegal!...my secret keeping abilities are like 'Fort Knox'!!! You can put your most valued possessions in this brain vault!! ^_^ ... And some people have!!
      I don't want to many more of your secrets though. I'm getting older...and I wanna talk!! LOL And some of your secrets are getting all mixed up with mine...and I'm starting to tell 'my' secrets!...I don't wanna have so many secrets in this brain that I forget where the line for yours ends, and mine begins!! ^_^
      As it is right now, I have to mentally separate the secrets from one another before I start talking...like you separate the rocks from your beans in a bag of dry pinto beans before you cook 'em!! LOL
      Oh Well!...at least your secrets are safe....TODAY!! ^_^ ... Now I'm gonna go mash 'em down with some pancakes and syrup! LOL


           Don't you just love Sunday mornings!! ^_^ ...Have a good rest of the weekend, Y'all!! :-)

Sunday Mornings

Sunday mornings are for quiet,
and for music in your ears.
Not for fretting over business,
or for struggle, or for tears.

Sunday mornings are for worship,
or for time to just relax.
Not for schedules that need keeping,
or for dealing with the 'Quacks'!

Sunday mornings are for slowness,
sipping on a cup of 'Joe';
Getting ready for the new week,
when you have to 'Go! Go! Go!'

Sunday mornings are for birds,
crows and woodpeckers alike.
Or for pancakes on the griddle,
or for snowy morning hikes.

Sunday mornings are for color,
and for spousal 'chitter chat',
and for doing a bit of reading,
or writing poems that end like.....that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^