Friday, March 15, 2013

'Virtual' Date Night...Good Time For A Nap?!


      Woohoo!! It's that time again!...Friday!...and...'virtual'-Friday-Date-Night for hubby and I! :-) And WOW! This Friday is gonna be really exciting! Both of us are trying to feel better from colds and allergies, tired, overwhelmed with too much stuff to do, and not feeling like entertaining...or traveling! So......we're not!! LOL
      We aren't going anywhere! We're not doing anything! And we're not going anywhere or doing anything with anybody else!! We're gonna sleep!!...Yeah, I said it! We're gonna rest and SLEEP!!...after the coughing, wheezing, blowing of nose, and sipping of green tea and soup, I mean. ^_^ Doesn't that sound like a fun 'date night'?!...And it's not gonna be 'virtual' this time either! I'm talking 'for real, for real'!! LOL
      Just like the owl in my header photo says, "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"...and naps have a sofa and couch, and a guest room, in my heart! :-)) Making a good nap the destination for our 'date night' is almost as good as going to France and sitting at a cafe' and having a large sausage and meatball 'grinder' (hoagie, hero sandwich, sub, etc...) with French bread! :-)
    Yes I know...all birds and owls might not agree...but sleeping in the daytime 'or' nighttime is good stuff!!... :-) ...especially when you're not feeling your 'tip-top' best.


      Before I head off to 'do' that...which is really 'doing' nothing! LOL...let me show you a couple of things...One being the two new necklaces that are now listing in my Wuglyees shop!...



     I love the buttons on them so much!!! :-) The above button looks like a literal black rose!...And the one below...


      ...looks like an artist's palate! :-)


       Oh!...the outfits I could wear with these two necklaces!!...but that's just me! Most people aren't that adventurous with color in the area where I live. Holyoke is a black, brown and tan kinda place. ^_^ Stylish...yes. But not too adventurous...Maybe my necklaces will change all of that!! ^_^

      The last thing I wanna share with you today is the highly too comfortable woodpecker in my backyard. He lets us take pictures of him. He hangs out on the feeder, surveying the landscape, for long periods at a time. He feeds his 'woody wood' girl woodpecker friend mouth to mouth on the feeder even! And now....this!...


             
       ...he is 'going to town' pecking at the tree in the backyard!! O_O We should've expected this, right?!...But we didn't! DUH! LOL...Now what?! O_O....Eh....I don't care today!...Peck away 'Woody'!! I've got a 'virtual'...not so 'virtual'...date with my husband! You keep it down so we can sleep, and we'll all be just fine!! ^_^

      Have a good day...and a good weekend, Everybody!...Night owls included! :-)

Best Laid...UnPlanned

Every last detail
had been very well thought out.
Well-laid plans were in their place.
Wait!...What's this all about?!

A fly has stumbled in the ointment,
'well-thought-out' just got a glitch.
Life has thrown another curve ball,
and all your plans you have to ditch.

'Change-of-plans' were uninvited.
The 'shoe has fallen' without a sound.
Oh Well! You can't be aware of everything,
nor every curve can you see around. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're both not feeling well Wug and Mr. Wug. It's been a bad allergy season so far. I've had migraines off and on for several days, or at least the symptoms. I know it's allergy related!
    Get your rest and maybe by next week you'll feel up to your date night again.

    We're going out tomorrow night with my son and daughter-in-law. We're going for dinner and to see Brian Reagan (in case you didn't know, he's a comedian, a clean one too).

    Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, I just woke up from a nap. ^_^ Hubby is feeling much better, and I'm heading in that direction...I think! I'll know better tomorrow. I've had a headache today too. That makes everything all convoluted. You know what I mean. UGH!...And yes, I know of Brian Reagan. Enjoy!..Night, night. :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^