Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Date Night...Haute Couture Style!


      Bear with me on this one, Y'all! I have to try to figure out how to tell you some news without telling you any details.....Hmmmmm...I give up! ^_^ Let's just say that 'couture' has something to do with it...if it works out!...Is that vague enough?! ^_^


      Anyway!...I had to do a whole 'snap education' on the difference between 'couture'...'haute couture'...and...'bespoke'. Who knew there were so many ways to say 'Just for you, and only you, baby!' LOL 
    I know this applies to my hubby, because he's 'just for me, and only me....baby!'...especially on Fridays! ^_^ But 'haute couture', Wikipedia says, is something that's made to order for a specific customer, and it's usually made from high-quality, expensive fabric and sewn with extreme attention to detail and finished by the most experienced and capable seamstresses. It also says that "Haute" means elegant or high, and that a haute couture garment is made specifically for the wearer’s measurements and body stance.
     Hmmm...Well, you know where I headed! ^_^ "Here I come, Etsy! What do you have that's 'couture' or 'haute couture'?! :-) ... I found the hobo bag in the header photo, and these two pieces...
       


        Actually, I found a whole lot more. I just don't have time to show them to you! ^_^ And besides, I got side-tracked when I saw these!!!...


      They may not be 'couture' or 'haute couture', but they sure are stylishly beautiful!!!! :-]

     I'll have to tell you the rest of my personal story with couture later...whichever way it turns out! :-) ... In the meantime, let me share a couple of my latest boutonnieres...





      They 'could be' couture...if you wanted them to be!! ^_^ I'm all about doing a custom order!! Just contact me and tell me what you want! :-)

      Right now I'm interested in getting me some 'couture' breakfast, a 'couture nap', and maybe a 'couture date' tonight!! ^_^ What can I say...I have my own agenda..especially on Fridays!! ^_^ ... What are your plans tonight and this weekend?!...Whatever it is, have a good one!! :-)

That Something Different

I like things that are different.
Things that somehow catch my eye.
Things not quite 'Just The Same'.
Things that make me want to buy.

I can't put my finger on it
as to why they move me so.
They're not whimsical or gory;
And not lavish. This I know.

Sometimes it's just their color.
Other times it's how they're worn;
Or Sometimes it's just how beautifully
they're painted, sewn, or torn.

With 'Different' as the gauge,
it could be most anything.
I guess that's why I keep on looking.
Hoping for that 'Different' zing.

When I find that 'Something Different',
I'll pay cash or click or dial;
Or I may just show it off;
(Like I just did) and sit and smile.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie
    so thrilled to be mentioned here amongst such fascinating discoveries!!
    cheers

    rowan aka frankideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rowan!...and I'm happy to have you mentioned here too! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbi,

    What a wonderful collection. cheers, Nurdan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun finds for a fun gal! I must tell you though, the purse reminds me of a submarine with all the windows...I don't know why I thought that..but anyway, have a fun date night and a great weekend. Mine is going to involve tons of outdoor work..planting flowers, mowing yard, more painting...heck, I'm tired already! Maybe I'll have pancakes for breakfast...hmmmm...good night Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ I'm so glad you enjoy my finds, Yaya!...By the way, I had the same thought when I initially saw the handbag. It reminded me of a 'ride' I went on at Disney World! LOL...Enjoy your weekend of outdoors 'fun'...which wouldn't be much fun to me AT ALL...except the pancakes part!! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^