Thursday, June 27, 2013

'Wacky Wednesday'.....Thursday!


      What a day it was yesterday at Wimbledon!!!! O_O And I'll tell you right now, if you don't wanna know what happened because you have it taped to look at later, consider this your SPOILER ALERT!!!!...because I'm gonna talk about it in a minute!...Yes I am!! ^_^
       In the meantime, let me share the few cute things I found on Etsy, and the custom boutonnieres I worked on last night! :-) First, the 'eye-catchers'...and 'nose'-catchers!! ^_^ ...


       Isn't that a cool art card (above)?!! :-) Look at the detail...the little men hanging on to each dandelion spur!!...*Teehee*...And below, the detail of the feet, sneakers, and butterfly!! :-) ...


       I love finding new and creative card shops!! :-)

       And look at this cute music box (below)!!...

      I don't see music boxes around that much anymore. When I was a kid, everybody I knew over the age of 15 had one!! :-] ... The music and flowers on top of this one really make it special! :-)

     And then there's this really creative and sassy necklace (below)!...


     I want these kind of necklaces...unusual and creative...to get more popular!....Then maybe...I hope, I hope, I hope! ^_^...my crochet necklaces can get a showing too! ^_^ ... The little dress in this necklace (above) is adorable!...but the shoes....Ah!...they were an inspired addition to the necklace! :-)

     Moving on!...I have to talk about how thankful I am that 'ALL OF A SUDDEN my shop is getting sales again!! YAY!!! And not a moment too soon!! I was beginning to think that maybe I was gonna have to get out of the crochet boutonniere business, and get into the homemade Shepherd's pie and custom cheesecake business in order to make some fast money!! ^_^
     Okay....not really. Who needs kitchen and food inspectors in their life on top of everything else?....NOT ME!! LOL...But if I had to.....I would've!!!!! ^_^ Instead I have loyal and faithful repeat customers!!! :-) ...Better!....MUCH better!!! ^_^
      Here's one of the orders....done! :-) ... 3 crochet button boutonnieres, in the colors chosen by the customer!...





     I have these color boutonnieres already in the shop, with the fold-able metal fastener on back. Upon request though, I customize them with buttons or a brooch pin on the back of them too!...and in whatever colors needed...You can check out my Wuglyees shop boutonnieres HERE if you're interested.
     I'm still working on another custom order, and I've got a shipment to go out this morning also, so I gotta go!! O_O ... First though, let me tell you about the 'Wacky Wednesday' at Wimbledon yesterday!!! I'd never seen anything like it....EVER!...and I probably never will again!
      As if it hadn't been bad enough on Tuesday that my 'baby boy', Rafael Nadal (#5 ranked), lost in the first round to a player I had never even seen play before, Steve Darcis, yesterday's Tuesday fare was waaaaaaaay worse! O_O
    A bunch of people 'retired' from play due to injuries. Here's the list:

-John Isner (#18 ranked)
-Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (#6 ranked)
-Marin Cilic (#10 ranked)
-Victoria Azarenka (#2 ranked)

    And then top players, who you thought were gonna be around until at least the semi-finals at the end of next week, started dropping like flies!! O_O Or should I say...started getting beaten like dusty rugs!!!...Here's the list:

-Caroline Wozniacki (#9 ranked), was beaten by Petra Cetkovska
-Lleyton Hewitt  was beaten by Dustin Brown
-Ana Ivanovic (#12 ranked) was beaten by Eugenie Bouchard
-Maria Sharapova (#3 ranked) was beaten by Michelle de Brito
-Roger Federer (#3 ranked) was beaten by Sergiy Stakhovsky

         All of this happened in ONE DAY!!! O_O

     If you don't usually watch tennis this won't mean anything to you. But if you do...your chin is probably on the ground just like mine!!!...I've got a whole week and a half of tennis to go...and I don't have many left to root for!!...But no worries...I'll find somebody!!! ^_^ 
     Besides...the losers are headed home!! That's probably not so bad considering how busy their schedules are week to week usually!!
      And me?!...I may be so busy crocheting that I don't notice anyway!!!....Yeah....RIGHT!!! Ha! Ha!...We'll see! :-) Have a good day everybody!! 

Home

The place where I am at my best.
A place of calm and peace and rest.

The place from which I never roam.
'Cause it's in my heart, this place called home!

2 comments:

  1. Love the finds and I love the colors in your custom order! Thanks for showing them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^