Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tennis...Crochet...Tennis!!


     I have no pancakes to share with you this morning...I ate 'em all. LOL I also don't have a meeting in my Kingdom Hall this morning. We're visiting someone else's. :-) But...I do have tennis!! ^_^
      Yesterday's women's final at Wimbledon was very good, but kinda predictable...considering the fact that Marion Bartoli had lost at Wimbledon before...I think it was in 2006...and she had a debt to repay!...and this was Sabine Lisicki's first time in the Wimbledon finals. Sabine was a bit overwhelmed by the occasion, I think. As anybody would be!! 
      But Sabine played her heart out just the same!...


     ...But the problem was that Marion played her heart out too!!!...
 

      In the end they could hug at the net, in congratulations that they had gotten this far!...
 

      ...and Marion Bartoli could lift the winner's platter!...
 
 

     Yes, there were some tears shed...for the winner...and the loser...
 

     But when all was said and done, they could both smile!...
 

      And I have no doubt that Sabine Lisicki will be back again! :-] ... Congratulations Marion!!!

      On the crochet front...here's the other new DMC variegated thread I got the other day...
 

      It's called "Stormy Skies"...
 


      It has sorta like gray and white hues...
 

      I'll have this one in the Wuglyees shop later today too. :-) I really love the threads!! And thankfully I have enough of each of them...I think!...to make a lapel pin out of them each too! :-) ... Yes! I will be working on that today...What else would I be doing when the temperature is gonna be in the 90s...besides watching the men's Wimbledon tennis final, I mean?!! ^_^ We're officially in the midst of our third heat wave this year! Tennis and crocheting is about all you can expect me to muster up energy for, right?!!...WRONG! ^_^ I also am gonna get some spiritual food in this brain too!! :-)

     Happy Sunday, Everybody!! :-]

What-cha Doing With Yourself?!

Are you going for a little walk...
Watching the circles of a hawk?...

Spending time with your grandkids?...
Trying to find your lost jar lids?...

Writing letters to your friends?...
Viewing snowflakes through your lens?...

Cooking breakfast for your love?...
Or crocheting him a manly glove?...

Going out to get a meal?...
Going shopping for a deal?...

Taking care of a friend that's sick?...
Writing poems with your favorite 'Bic'?...

Shortening up that 'To-Do' list?...
Giving your hair a little twist?...

What are 'YOU' doing with yourself today?...
It doesn't matter. It's Saturday!!

Your new work week has not begun.
Today just have yourself some fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^