Friday, October 25, 2013

I'm 'Squirreling' Away Some Time Today!


      Brrrrrrrr!...Even the squirrels in the backyard would trade a hot cup of coffee for their hunting of nuts in this weather!! IT IS COLD!!! O.O Hubby had to chisel frost off of the windshield of the car for the first time this morning. He even got back in the house earlier than normal this morning. I asked why, and he said it was because the clients were in a hurry to get on the van this morning. That cold was scooting them along! ^_^
      So, needless to say, we're not going anywhere cold for our 'virtual' date tonight! :-)) In fact, we may be a couple of squirrels ourselves tonight! ^_^ We're gonna 'squirrel' away some time to spend together, and maybe 'squirrel' away some secret travel plans, and definitely we're gonna 'squirrel' away some food! ^_^ ...


      Who knows whether our travel plans are gonna take us to sunny California, the south of France, the southern United States, or just the sunny side of happy...with a movie about somewhere warm, and ending with us hanging out in our pajamas! LOL...


      Whatever the case, we're gonna be together....calm, full, and happy! :-) ...


      As you can clearly see, my blog is 'theme' based this morning...all about squirrels!...but not because I gave it that much thought. It's because I got an adorable photo from an Etsian yesterday, after I posted her hobo bag here on the blog. She was reading about my little backyard squirrel friend, and wanted to tell me about hers!
      Amy said: "You just reminded me to feed the squirrels (ours are almost tame)!" :-) ... And then she sent me this picture...

 (Photo provided by Amy of TheVintageArtistry)

      ...and said: "He's sitting on my daughter's shoulder. She was at a park and his mama was hit by a car. A while later she could hear the babies crying, so she brought them home and bottle fed them. He's grown now but still stops by to eat almost every day!...Over the years we've probably had babies of any animal you can think of!"
      Cool, right?! ^_^

      Okay...I'm really late getting this post up today, and I still have tons of stuff to do!! O_O Including some crocheting, and 'virtual' date plans....maybe! :-)) ... Have a good day, Everybody! 


     Here's a little inspiration for you to get the weekend started off with a "Roar"...hubby's new song he likes to sing. ^_^
Have a good weekend!

Spend some time with your kids,
do the errands you been meaning to do,
do a little grocery shopping,
maybe make a chicken stew.

Organize your messy space,
clean the closets, throw things out,
watch a little mindless T.V.,
and replace the bathroom grout.

Take a walk around the park,
play some board games with your friends,
maybe even cut your hair
(but just a little bit, off the ends).

Take a trip to Grandma's house,
do some gardening in the yard,
give new projects a little finish,
but nothing that might be too hard.

It's the weekend, after all;
It's your week's tail, at a wag;
No need for scurry, hurry, rushing.
No! You want this time to lag!

2 comments:

  1. Love your "squirrely" post today my friend! And that baby....oh how cute!!! I know you were showing off the t-shirt, but I could keep my eyes off the baby!!
    Have a great date night my friend. We're hanging tonight and eating ham for dinner. Tomorrow we're going to a "Cider Squeeze" get-together. I'm taking ham and scalloped potatoes. Good way to use all that ham up! LOL
    Hope you have a wonderful meal together tonight too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bead! :-) I'm glad you liked my 'squirrely' post! LOL And I'm with you about the baby. I was trying to squeeze his cheeks through the computer screen. ^_^ 'Virtual' date night starts....NOW! So, talk to you tomorrow! LOL Sure wish I had some of that ham and potatoes to take in a picnic basket with us tonight!! :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^