Wednesday, December 25, 2013

This Is Not A Test!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/89954152/vacation-sale-julies-fudge-pops?ref=favs_view_5
        
     No, I'm not somewhere opening presents or eating! Ha! Ha! Even though I wouldn't mind to be eating on some chocolate fudge pops right about now! That's the first thing I thought when I saw these little squares of chocolate goodness as I was scrolling Etsy this morning! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/89954152/vacation-sale-julies-fudge-pops?ref=favs_view_5
          
      The reason I'm not opening presents is because no one has given me presents today! ^_^ The reason nobody has given me presents today is because I don't celebrate Christmas! ^_^ My family, who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, respect my beliefs...thankfully!...so I don't have to go through a whole "Thank you for the gift, but I don't give Christmas gifts because I don't celebrate it" thing anymore!! It's been a few years, and they're used to it by now. :-)
       The reason I'm not sitting here chewing on some deliciously chocolatey fudge pops with my green tea this morning...is because I don't have any!!...*snaps finger in disappointment!*......and I didn't think to get any sweets yesterday...before all of the stores closed!! Ugh!
     Besides which, even if I did celebrate the holiday...which I don't! ^_^...I wouldnt be in a celebratory mood today! I'll tell you why in a minute. First, look at these cute sneakers I saw on Etsy this morning too!! :-) ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170622181/crocheted-sneaker-slippers-pattern?ref=favs_view_3

https://www.etsy.com/listing/172662136/red-crocheted-sneaker-slippers-pattern?ref=favs_view_2

       Why, Oh Why, didn't I think of a cute crochet pattern like this?!!...Such a great idea for my football watching...or basketball watching...or tennis watching days! :-) I even love the colors!...And I love the colors of these shawls (below) too!!...
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/170379786/set-of-6-mixed-colors-shawls-pashmina?ref=favs_view_1

     Okay...back to why I'm not in a celebratory mood......I had some of my medical tests done yesterday...*sigh*...On the good side, they weren't as painful as I thought they were gonna be, but on the other side, they were painful enough!! LOL
      I won't bore you with exactly what was done, but I 'can' tell you that a biopsy was part of it....OUCH!!!!...I'm still alive though! :-) ... How do I know?!...because dead people don't write attempted witty blog posts! :-))
      All jokes aside, I'm not in that much discomfort today, and frankly...I'm glad that part of the ordeal is done!! Now I just have to wait a week or so for the test results to come in, and then it's on to whatever is next!...Fun Is!! :-] I'll keep you posted. ^_^ ... Have a good rest of the day, Everybody! :-)

Balance

You teeter totter, in the middle,
Lean a little, OOPS! You're off!
Now you know that you're not balanced,
and you hope the ground is soft.

It's not easy to achieve,
and once you have it, to maintain.
In almost every part of life
our balance is so hard to gain.

You have to balance your emotions,
how you eat, and how you spend.
And when you're balancing your checkbook,
try to keep a level grin.

Staying somewhere in the middle
takes a conscious, careful touch,
because it doesn't take a lot
to go from balanced to 'too much'!

So try to keep a balanced eye,
 a balanced plate, and balanced life.
Keep your feelings all in check,
and minimize the stress and strife.

And don't compare your sense of balance
 to your neighbor's...you're alone.
Because your neighbor's also trying
to get some balance of his own!      

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing better today. Man o man those fudge pops looks yummy!!! I wish I had some too!!! Now that would ruin my perfectly good diet wouldn't it!! LOL

    Have a good day and don't fret over your results my friend! Just keep it and leave it in Jehovah's hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bead!...Yes, I'm doing surprisingly well, aside from a few residual effects...Nothing a little chocolate wouldn't fix!! ^_^ Sure wish I had some!! LOL...And, Uhhh...are you dieting?!.....Sorry. ^_^ Anyway, have a good day, my friend. And I'll keep your encouraging advice close to my heart...It's what I was already doing anyway! ^_^ ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Thank you so much for featuring my crochet sneakers in your great blog
    Merry christmas,

    Etty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Etty! :-] Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  3. I know you don't celebrate Christmas, but I will send a prayer for your good health today. I also hope some chocolate comes your way ASAP! I love those sneaker slippers too..so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you to be thinking of me, Yaya. It's funny, but I was thinking of you during my exam the other day! ^_^ My doctor 'team' was sooooo nice that it made me think of how I imagine your surgical team to be! :-] ♥ So far...no chocolate. Well...no 'actual' chocolate. I have had hot chocolate! :-) But I see some Russell Stovers somewhere in my vicinity SOON!! LOL...Have a good day, Yaya! :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^