Sunday, April 13, 2014

What a sweet Weekend!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/150585753/chocolate-covered-cherry-body-butter-98?ref=favs_view_1

      Well, you know I don't mean sweet...as in eating chocolate covered cherries, right?! ^_^ Because I didn't!!...In fact the above listing isn't even for chocolate! It's for body butter! :-) But Ohhhhh!...it sure looks good, doesn't it?! :-)
      When I said it's been a sweet weekend I was talking about the weather...in the 60s, I think....and about the fact that hubby finally got his car on the road. YAY!!! :-) He still has to get it inspected, and do a few 'fix-ups', but he's driving it! And he said it runs great! :-) {If you read this blog you may remember the car. It's the one that was his father's! ^_^}
       Something else that was sweet this weekend was the plants coming up in the backyard!...all by themselves!!...


      Ahhhhhh!...Nice weather, and plants and flowers!! :-) ... "Hello Spring! It took you long enough!!" ^_^ You got here just in time for our special event for this time of year...the memorial of Christ's death...which is tomorrow Monday, April 14, 2014, after sundown, the anniversary of Jesus' death). Millions of people will be attending, and you are welcome too!!...{Just as a special note, for anyone that might be interested, all of the local Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses will have a brief talk that explains why Jesus' death is so important. You, your family, and your friends are welcome to attend!...If you don't know what time it will be given in your area, just call the local Kingdom Hall and inquire.}
      Now it's time for some 'sweet sleep'! :-] That's the fitting thing for such a sweet day as this, don't you think?!...Or else you can eat some chocolate covered cherries! ^_^


Candy Rhyme

It's not right...I know,
to start your day with a chocolate face;
But the M&Ms with peanuts
gave my dream such a lovely taste.

It got me really thinking
about the candies of my youth,
like "Pixie Sticks" and "Twizzlers",
WOW! I had such a big 'Sweet Tooth'!

I remember in the playground,
trading candy like a stock.
It's a wonder you never hear
of kids going into "candy shock"!

'Hershey's with almonds',
'Kit Kats' and 'Peanut Bars';
Chocolate 'Reese's cups',
'3 Musketeers' and 'Mars'.

'Pay Days', 'Sugar Babies',
'Nestle's Crunch' and 'Heath Bars' too;
'York Peppermint patties',
because hard candies just won't do.

'Snickers', 'Milky Way',
'Butterfinger', Raisinets';
All that chocolate, good for me,
but not good for household pets!

'Twix', 'Reese's Pieces',
'Almond Joy', and Oh Yeah!, 'Mounds';
'Tootsie Rolls' and 'Whoppers'
I could eat them by the pounds!

'Dove Bar', 'Now or Laters',
'Laffy Taffy', 'Zagnut', 'Skor'.
Okay, I'm gonna stop now,
but there's plenty, plenty more!

Now that I'm grown up
I don't eat candy all the time.
Instead, I have sweet dreams of it,
and write a candy rhyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^