Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Do You Like Brown?!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/185904115/floral-peep-toe-socks-short-socks-all?ref=favs_view_9

      When this confused and annoyed Wug last left you she was contemplating brown...and contemplating what to do about her baby blanket. Well, she's here to share with you the brown she found on Etsy, and to tell you the decision she made about the blanket. :-) ... *Don't you just love people who talk to you in the third person?! LOL*
      ANYWAY!! ^_^ ... When I saw the lacy flowers on the socks in my header photo I knew that it was gonna be 'ON' with me and brown! ^_^ I love them!!...I also like how they show that you can wear them with your shoes! (You'll have to click over to her shop and check out the photos in the listing though.)
       I'm not sure I would have called them 'socks' though. I always think of socks as thicker...warmer...or with those little grippy circle things on the under-bottoms. (You ladies who have been to the gynecologist's office know the ones I mean! ^_^ I love those little short socks!...and I have a few pair of them too! I talked the gyno doctor out of them! LOL WHAT?!!...I needed to have 'something' to smile about when I came outta there!! O_O)
      Back to brown!! ^_^ ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/171786477/brown-lace-valance-mocha-kitchen-lace?ref=favs_view_12

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184862303/vintage-wooden-tray?ref=favs_view_11

https://www.etsy.com/listing/65037699/ceramic-earring-holder-waterfall-brown?ref=favs_view_6

https://www.etsy.com/listing/26090865/chocolate-brown-distressed-leather?ref=favs_view_7

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184379641/charm-bridesmaid-necklace-leaf-necklace?ref=favs_view_10

      Of course, now that I have my eye on brown, EVERYTHING seems to look brown!! ^_^ Well, not 'all' brown! But I'm noticing the brown in certain items...like in this really pretty makeup bag!...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/152291566/teal-aqua-olive-and-brown-striped-makeup?ref=favs_view_8

      Don't get me wrong, I'm not seeing brown everywhere! I've also been seeing aqua green! :-) ...


      Yes, this is the part of the post where the Wug tells you about her decision with the baby blanket! :-))

      If you read my post yesterday you saw that I was trying to figure out what to do to finish my baby blanket. I ran out of aqua with almost two rows to go, and I couldn't find the discontinued yarn anywhere! O_O 
 

      Well, guess what?!...I decided to do the last two rows in white, or some shade of green. :-) So, why isn't it green or white on the ends now that it's finished?!...Because I didn't have either color in the house, and I wanted to finish it...NOW!!! :-))
       Then it came to me!!!...Why not just make it one row shorter?! ^_^ Then I would have enough yarn to finish it, because the last row was just a finishing-edge row. Not as involved as all of the lacy/puff ball rows!!...So, that's what I  did!! :)
 

      Now, look at those ruffles. Do you think anybody would know that this baby blanket was one row short of ruffles?! ^_^ ME EITHER!!!...assuming you agree with me! (which I always assume you do at times like this! LOL)
      My next non-boutonniere project?!...I haven't the slightest! LOL But rest assured that as soon as I know...You'll know!! ^_^ Have a good rest of the day, Y'all!!

Balance

You teeter totter, in the middle,
Lean a little, OOPS! You're off!
Now you know that you're not balanced,
and you hope the ground is soft.

It's not easy to achieve,
and once you have it, to maintain.
In almost every part of life
our balance is so hard to gain.

You have to balance your emotions,
how you eat, and how you spend.
And when you're balancing your checkbook,
try to keep a level grin.

Staying somewhere in the middle
takes a conscious, careful touch,
because it doesn't take a lot
to go from balanced to 'too much'!

So try to keep a balanced eye,
 a balanced plate, and balanced life.
Keep your feelings all in check,
and minimize the stress and strife.

And don't compare your sense of balance
 to your neighbor's...you're alone.
Because your neighbor's also trying
to get some balance of his own! 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! What a great idea!! I knew you'd figure it out! :D
    I also love your finds! Especially that Mexican tray. Why does it strike me so much....who knows, but I love it! I also love the makeup bag! Earthy colors! Reminds me of the color I'm painting my living room and dining room!
    Great finds and a great looking blanket too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thank you, Bead! :-] Yeah, it was a good idea...that I wish had come to me day before yesterday! ^_^ I ended up crocheting that 2-hour row, unraveling it, and had to crochet it again today! Ugh! But it's all done now!...except for a ribbon I have to lace through near the edges. Then I'll be listing it in the shop. :-) ... And I LOVE that Mexican tray too...and the earring holder! I hope you share photos of your living and dining room when it's done! :-) ... Okay...nighty, night! ♥

      Delete
  2. Your blanket is beautiful! I still remember the lovely one I won on your blog. I gave that one to my niece when she had her first baby...she just had her third and still using the blanket! Yeah! Brown is beautiful too! I'm more of a "green" or "blue" gal though! Have a good rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Thank you, Yaya!...And how wonderful that that little blanket you won is getting so much LOVE!!! :-] That makes me very happy!!!! Thanks for sharing that with me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous list and thank you for including my Bridesmaid necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! :-] And it was my pleasure to have your necklace in the list! ♥

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^