Thursday, July 24, 2014

What Do You Not Know How To Do...But You Wanna Learn?!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/189513192/if-you-cant-learn-to-do-something-well?ref=favs_view_1

     Have you all been having a good day?!...I've been crocheting, and chatting with hubby all day. I'm about to take a nap so that I can be rested for my meeting tonight! But first I wanted to share one of the conversations hubby and I had today...about learning new stuff! ^_^
      Before Alzheimer's or senility takes the last vestiges of this Wug poet's mind, and the mind of her trusty 6-foot hubby...minds that already are almost gone bye bye, I might add... :-)) ...we thought we should try to learn something new! {Plus I heard somewhere that active brain usage can slow down the onset of Alzheimer's!} :-) We figured that we'd try to find something that can teach two 'old dogs' some new tricks! LOL
      I already have my fill of useless talent! ^_^ I know how to write backwards...in cursive! :-) ...
     
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177800772/unique-copper-tray-from-1953-wedding?ref=favs_view_3 

      ...I can recite all 66 books of the Bible in less than 60 seconds! :-) Although this isn't really a 'useless' talent. :-) Finding scriptures in a hurry has proved very useful over the years! ^_^

      ...and I can car and chair dance with the best of them! :-)


     
     I'm also very flexible, double-jointed in fact, and can lift my foot, by the toes, from a ground position to up over my head! :-)) 

      But none of these 'talents' are doing anything for my memory!! :-))

      Hubby and I have decided that we're gonna try to use these memory lax minds to learn something new! And at the top of the list is learning to speak another language...Spanish! :-) I already know a little Spanish, and can understand a bit more than I can speak! ^_^
     Hubby had two years of French...back when he was in school...which he has TOTALLY forgotten now, except for merci' and bonsoir! :-)) ... Between his tiny bit of French, and my extensive Pig Latin, we could say thank you at a French restaurant...for some snails!...and oink in unison!! LOL
      We can't afford to pay someone to teach us a language right now, so we may be putting our library cards to good use...especially if they have the Rosetta Stone series! :-)
     
      I also have two guitars! One was an anniversary gift, and the other one was given to me by a friend. I cherish both of them, but I don't play either! O_O I had 'intentions' to learn, but they never came to fruition!...


https://www.etsy.com/listing/112718251/guitar-wall-art-nursery-canvas-artwork?ref=favs_view_4
 (Guitar Silhouette Shape Boy Print Artwork Set of 4 by TRMdesign) 

      I'd also like to learn to play chess!...


https://www.etsy.com/listing/186078763/vintage-chess-set-in-wooden-box-vintage?ref=favs_view_6

      Hubby already knows how, and has been trying to get me to learn for years! He's tired of playing 'Uno', 'spider solitaire', and 'Scrabble'! ^_^ But in the past, when he's started the chess-teaching conversations, my attention was easily diverted.....too much talk about rooks that only move forward until they're gonna jump the opposing man....and a queen that moves a lot more than the king...and a knight that only moves in an 'L' shape...OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!! O_O It sounds like a dots y-do barn dance gone wrong!! LOL

      ANYWAY!! ^_^ We're gonna try to learn.....SOMETHING! And fast!...before we don't have any useful filler left in our craniums!! LOL How about YOU?! Have you learned anything new lately?! ^_^

I Love A New Experience

I love a new experience!
No matter how it's learned.
A fact that's new to me,
or a new food that I've burned.

A place I've never been,
or a person I've not known.
A book I've never read,
or a gadget on my phone.

A song that's not my norm,
or a craft I've never tried.
A veggie fixed a new way,
whether boiled, sauteed or fried.

I love a new experience!
A new jolt for my old eyes.
To make my life worth living,
and each day a great surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^