Friday, September 25, 2015

A Quick 'Virtual Friday' Check-In!


      Hello Y'all!! ^_^ I know...I know! It's been a while since I posted on the blog...AGAIN! ^_^ But I had a few days of 'busy, busy, busy'...'sick, sick, sick'! So here I am, AFTER all of that, ready to do a quick 'check-in' with you! :-)
      And since I couldn't remember what I showed you already, and I was too lazy to go back through my recent blog posts to find out, :-) I decided to just do a quick 'Did-I-Show-You-This'!! ^_^ Sooooo...did I show you the mint scarf and gloves set?...
       

      Did I show you the red tote bag, with the big crochet flower sewn on?!...
 







      If I didn't show it to you before, well now I have! ^_^ And if I did show it to you before, uhhhhh....now you've seen it again!! ^_^ That's what you get, trying to 'check-in' with a semi-menopausal lady, with a memory like a sieve, and not enough time on her hands to look up from her crocheting!! LOL

       There is something I didn't show you though! It's the finished 'Ugly Wuglyee' hooded child's sweater! :-) ...
 


      I made it from a lot of my leftover bits and pieces of yarn. And don't you dare say: "We can tell!!" LOL ...
 

      The truth is...I'm not that fond of the colors. ^_^ My girlfriend is making the same sweater for her son, using some gorgeous creams and blacks and so forth. Hers is looking FABU!! In fact, I'm almost tempted to make it again, using some 'proper' yarn! :-) The only downfall is that I don't have a little one to make it for!! ^_^
 

      I'll try to get a photo of her sweater being worn by her little boy when she's all done...which may be quite a while, considering the fact that she hasn't even finished the back of hers yet, and has a front, sleeves, and cuff and bottom line gathering to do on it! But when she's done...!! :-]

            While taking a break from 'virtually-packing' for a 'virtual trip' to Nepal later this evening, I'm working on my latest project! ^_^ It's a multi-colored circular cowl scarf. I'm using the rest of that leftover yarn I have in my bag. {No!! I will NOT waste yarn!! ^_^} It may be too ugly to wear with pride, but just ugly and warm enough to wear tucked inside a coat! ^_^ Hey! Winter is gonna be here sometime soon, right?!!
      Speaking of winter coming...Or, rather, should I say Fall (Autumn)...I'M NOT READY!!!! :-) I'm still mourning the 'Bye-Bye' of my hummingbirds!!...***a little tear just fell***Yes, they're gone! :-( I've been staring at a half full feeder full of nectar for almost a week now, trying not to let the reality of their disappearance sink in. But the chilly temps, and the different look of the sky, is fighting with my sense of un-reality!! I just keep reminding myself, like the words to George Benson's song, Everything Must Change.***another hummingbird tear just fell.*** ^_^

      Okay, click on the Youtube link above and enjoy George Benson. :-) I'm off to get my 'virtual packing' done....And, Oh Yeah!, My sister's coming by this weekend!!!...And I have to make a couple of cheesecakes too!! O_O I almost forgot about that!! YIKES!! O_O The cheesecakes are for a cheesecake exchange that's happening this weekend!! My friend wants me to make her one of my cheesecakes, and she's making me one of hers! :-) It's too bad we don't have 'taste-O-blog', so I could share them with you!! ^_^ My sister may get a piece now though!! ^_^
      Have a good weekend, Everybody!! ♥



Catching Up

I see life from my perspective.
And it's always a full cup.
I rarely see the glass half empty.
I don't let much interrupt.

But now I find this needs a change.
I have some catching up to do.
I have some things that need updating.
And some family bonds to glue.

Some things have lagged unmercifully.
They need some tweaking, not too much.
Just need to get back some perspective..
Get some family lines in touch.

This catching up will be wide ranging.
Out with the old, in with the new.
But when you're catching up with people,
there's still some old when you're all through.

Catching up sometimes is tiring.
Maybe that's why I've been waiting.
And, besides, when I'm all done,
there seems there's more that needs updating! 

2 comments:

  1. I love it all! Great finished projects! And I like "ugly-cute" things. Stuff that's right on the line of ugly that it's almost cute! Can't wait to see your finished cowl scarf! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for your support of my 'ugly wuglyees', Trish!! ^_^ And I shuld be all done with the new scarf by the middle of the week...or earlier. I'll definitely share it's ugliness! LOL Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^