Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Soooooooo...He Passed The Test!...And I Went With The Flower!


       Woohoo!!...There were two things on my mind on my 'yawn-fest' of a blog post yesterday. One thing was that my husband was taking a special driving test, in order to get a license to drive a special kind of bus or van. He 'crammed' for it all weekend! And today...HE PASSED IT!! :-) Again I say: Woohoo!! ^_^
        I'm so excited for him!...although it's gonna mean that he's not here at home with me as much as before. :-( Hey!...Somebody's gotta work around here!! I need to be kept in the ice cream, grits, and potatoes that I've become accustomed to!!Ha! Ha!

     I've also become accustomed to crocheting my brains out! So, I guess yarn would also be on the list of things we might be able to afford soon! :-) Although, I'm not doing so badly finding projects to make, using the yarn I still have around here! ^_^ Case in point, remember the 100% cotton red tote bag I was trying to decide whether to attach a ribbon or a flower to?...




      I decided to go with the flower! ^_^
 


      ...And remember the before mentioned mint green yarn. The yarn I made the mittens and the scarf out of?!... 
 

       Hubby took a few photos of them out in the backyard yesterday...after the rainy skies cleared....I love the photos!...even though they're LOADED with contradiction!! I mean, there's no snow on the ground, but Tina is mittened to the max (not to mention that they almost look like oven mitts too!! ^_^ WHATEVER!!!!), and she's scarfed up to her headless neck! :-))
      It's also not lost on me that wearing a light-weight stringed dress along with mittens and a thick scarf is just fraught with contradiction!! ^_^ The kind of contradiction that makes you wanna scrap the photos, put Tina in a winter Parka, twist off her mitted hands, and start all over again! ^_^ 
      But...Hey!!...I'm Poetesswug, crazy-girl crocheter, poet, lover of country music and Motown, and wife to a loving non-professional photographer who took loads of these photos just so that I could find three that would work for me. I'm NOT beyond contradiction!! ^_^
       

      Besides...Tina looks cool!!! ^_^ Why mess with 'cool-mint-green-contradiction'!! ^_^ Have a good rest of the day, Everybody!! ♥

Eclectic Tastes

I've got eclectic tastes.
Yes I do! That's what I said!
I'm not afraid of being different,
Country raised and city bred.

If it's pretty, then I'm in,
but just as fast I can be out,
because I don't like what the hoopla
about some things is all about!

I think different can be cool,
in many colors, not just white.
And not just worn by 'one person',
with a body shape just right.

It's good to have 'eclectic' tastes,
and to just be who 'you' are!
But be careful, because 'eclectic'
quickly can become 'Too Far'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^